Encrypting voice comunications..

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:06:33 CET 2007

If we have access to the mic and speakers while a call is in process,
and we have the ability to record conversations etc...  Where does the
processor sit in that chain?  Can we consume the voice, encrypt it and
feed an encrypted datastream back out to the gsm module which would
transmit it and another neo1973 user could receive the stream, process
through decryption and play out?  OR is it more like a tap onto the mic
and speaker lines where we can observe what's happening but not change
the information transmitted to the gsm module?
--Tim