Idea for one of the next Neos: Projecting the display via LEDs

kkr kkr22.mpt56 at bluewin.ch
Sat Feb 3 02:58:23 CET 2007

Le dimanche 21 janvier 2007 à 19:01 +0100, Ulrik Rasmussen a écrit :
> On Sunday 21 January 2007 18:46, Wil Chung wrote:
> > Dr. H., I agree that it needs a beam scanner, on first though, but does it
> > have to be mechanical?  I know you can direct radio waves with something
> > like a phase array, might not light be directed with a phase array?  I
> > don't know, as it's just a guess since they're both E&M.
> >
> I don't think it is possible to "bend light", so you'll probably need some
> sort of mechanical device for it. However, I stumbled on this some times ago,
> which seems to fullfill the needs:

> It's basically a red and blue laser diode, aimed at a very tiny vibrating
> mirror. The problem is, as the article says, that they can't use green
> diodes, because these aren't small enough. I don't know the technical details
> for this obstacle though. Red and blue should be enough for text though, at
> least you will be able to render red, purple and blue.

This article (19 September 2006) seems to be already obsolete, look at
this one (4 January 2007):

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=114723&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=946694&highlight=

or this one (unfortunately, in French):

http://www.netppc.com/shownews.php3?n=1314

It would seem that problem is resolved :-)

Regards,