AT commands (Re: But wich GSM chip? Re: AT commands document (Was: Fax modem? Fax software? Neo as T.38 gateway?))

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sat Feb 3 14:49:29 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:41:09PM +0100, Robert Michel wrote:
> Salve Harald!
>
> Thank you for the list.
>
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Harald Welte wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:11:53AM -0800, Dimitris Kogias wrote:
> > > Isn't the AT-capable port going to be available to userland via a serial
> > > abstraction?  If so, its AT command profile won't be a secret very long.
> >
> > there's nothing secret about that AT command profile.  The chipset
> > supports all of the mandatory ETSI GSM TS 07.07 commands (use
> > http://pda.etsi.org/pda/queryform.asp to get it), plus some of the
> > optional ones.
>
> I put the list into the wiki - it would be fine to mark
> out which are not the optional ones and how to use them.
> So from this list, every contribution, commentation of
> this commands are welcome.

For everything but the few TI-proprietary ones, all this is in the GSM
standard.  I don't think it's worth replicating that inforation.

If the community learns something about the TI-proprietary commands,
that's certainly a different thing.

> E.g. the network quality - nearly non of us would run around
> (daily) with mobil/laptop/GPS device to monitor the networkquality,
> but with the Neo1973 it could be an interesting thing.

network quality is sent as event from GSM Modem to our gsmd, from where
any process can get it over a unix domain socket.