music applications: piano, drum, bell...

Christopher Heiny clheiny at starband.net
Sat Feb 3 18:57:51 CET 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 16:57, kkr scribbled in crayon on the back of a
kid's menu:
> You're right, the first version will not be able of it.
>
> But in the V2 (2007-09-11), on the basis of this link
> (http://cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/), I think that it will be
> possible :-)
>
> Quotation: "Our technique is force-sensitive, and provides unprecedented
> resolution and scalability..."
>

> But I don't know if it will use exactly the same technology.
>
> Could anybody confirm it?

Does anyone know if an FTIR sensor is available in small form factors?  What
is the the thickness of the stack, and how much perimeter area is required?

Heck, are the things even being commercially produced in ANY size yet?