Posibility to get status informations with the help of a LED

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 04:06:09 CET 2007

michael at michaelshiloh.com writes:

>You want a phone that looks like the front panel of an Imsai 8080, right?
>
>:-)

Yes!  I'm very, very tempted to try to graft a pdp11 front panel to my
main workstation here at home...

A while ago, during the Fall, I bought a pretty realistic looking
styrofoam human skull at a local discount store -- it had flashing
LEDs in the eye sockets.  I took it into my office (I'm a professor at
New Mexico State University), and wired the LEDs to the disk activity
light of my PC.

Oh, my, some of the incoming students from India were taken aback....