Posibility to get status informations with the help of a LED

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Sun Feb 4 13:24:56 CET 2007

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Gabriel Ambuehl writes:

>>> Much as I love flashing lights (there's just something *wrong* when my
>>> ethernet hub looks more like a computer than my computers do!), I'd
>>> much rather get more hardware buttons.  Wiring application launching
>>> to the buttons on my Palm is really, really nice.
>> You want illuminated buttons. Think about it.
>
> We have a winner!

We really want buttons with changable logos -
http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
However, the only sort-of-practical way to do this is to use one
internal 50*10mm or so OLED display, with 4-8 hardware buttons on top of
it, which are transparent, and designed to relay the underlying display.

Unfortunately - this will take up a _relatively_ large volume in the phone.
I'd guess 8mm*55*13 - and a little more as the display is flat and the
phone is not.