enviroment friendly development for v2?

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 22:32:12 CET 2007

Robert Michel writes:

>> You can still use phones made in 60's, are you sure touchscreen will
>> survive 40 years too? ;-)
>
>First I was comparing mobil phones, second, because the touchscreen
>has no mechanical parts, I think it is possible to produce this
>touchscreen in a way, that >> 80% are usable in 40 years.

Resistive touchscreens do have the eqivalent of a mechanical part:
the material between the front and back surfaces.  When you press, you
push it out of the way to make contact.  This wears down over time; I
actually kept my first Palm Pilot long enough to wear the screen out
(and was able to find a replacement screen on ebay, so it kept on
going for several more years!)