Neo1973 video (was Re: What would be a realistic but challenging level for Bryce announced trophy money for video playback on the Neo1973? Re: h.264 format is now open?)

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 5 00:52:32 CET 2007

su, 2007-02-04 kello 18:28 -0500, Bryce Leo kirjoitti:
> I'm sorry guys... but instead of flipping the video or worrying about
> re-coding... how bout a non-techical solution. Rotate the Device....
> You certainly wouldn't catch me wanting to watch a video in portrait
> mode....that would ruin the whole thing. Why would you want to watch a
> video in portrait mode?

We don't. The framebuffer, however, is in portrait orientation. Hence
the need to rotate to landscape at some point, be it at play time in the
player or the X server (probably rather the former, efficiency-wise), or
at recode time to take some work off of the Neo CPU.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>