X bit depth, Evas toolkit

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 5 03:23:15 CET 2007

Cheers Gustavo,

good work on Canola - congrats!

> I would like to confirm if HW/X11 is 16bpp.

Confirmed.

> And I would like to invite you to join us to port/optimize Evas
> toolkit to operate on 16bpp internally (it does on 24bpp + 8 alpha).

Sounds good. I'm a strong supporter of EFL since years and I really
like to see these libraries being more widely used.

> Interested people can mail me or hang on #e @ freenode. We should
> develop it on enlightenment repo (if they give us commit access :-P).

I'm sure they will. It sounds like an exciting project and I encourage
everyone with a bit of free time to participate.

I might join myself eventually, but as you can imagine, I'm a bit
overbusy atm. ;)

--
- Michael Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>                   http://openmoko.org/