OpenMoko at Oreilly Emerging Telephony Conference

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Mon Feb 5 19:30:21 CET 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 16:45 -0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
>>> GREAT idea. Whether or not we are attending the conference, enough
>> of us live
>>> in the area that we should get together, if not at the conference
>> then in a
>>> suitably friendly bar or restaurant. Perhaps we should find out when
>> Sean is
>>> available, and see if we can work around that?
>>>
>>> Michael
>>
>> Yah, that sounds good....Sean, what do you think?
>
> Sounds like a great idea. Can you organize something? I seem to be free
> just about any night now.
>
> -Sean

ETel is Tuesday, 2/27 through Thursday, 3/1. Sean's workshop is Tuesday
morning.

Do we all prefer a daytime event, more workshop/hackfest oriented, or an
evening at a bar, more free-as-in-beer oriented? Or a restaurant/coffee shop?

I for one lean towards the beer. I can think of places in SF (30 minutes at
most from the conference) which would be happy to let us set up our laptops
and hack away if we wanted, as long as we consumed some of their beer.

There are scheduled events at ETel from about 8:30 AM to 9:30 PM (yes, 9:30)
both Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday until 5 PM.

Sean says he is free any night.

Thursday night is the only true free night. Does anyone know when Sean
departs?

Suggestion? Comments?

Michael