Missed call communication protocol

Rodney Arne Karlsen rodney at ws.co.za
Wed Feb 7 15:08:48 CET 2007

Hi there

While you can choose your callerID when using a sip server, it may not stay
the way you set it once it passes through the PSTN gateway. I tried playing
with CallerID stuff some time back here in South Africa and our PSTN provider
will only allow you to set your caller ID to a number that is assigned to the
line you are using. If you are lucky enough to have a PRI line then you start
with around 100 numbers.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I'm not sure that this will work
here. It may work in other countries. I think I heard about it working in the
US.

--
Rodney Arne Karlsen
LPIC-2, Linux+

Telephone: +27 31 571 1500
Facsimile: +27 31 571 1519
MSN Messenger: rodney at ws.co.za
Website: http://www.ws.co.za

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty
girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
That's relativity. - Albert Einstein