Free maps after all?

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 8 13:42:47 CET 2007

On to, 2007-02-08 at 13:39 +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> http://go.theregister.com/feed/http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/02/08/nokia_frees_smart2go/

Before I see the license, I'll assume that the maps are free to use only
with their restricted gratis application (which may or may not be an
enforceable restriction depending on jurisdiction). I have no doubt
though that if the maps are in some readable format, they will be used
with other programs too... But OSM is still an important project even in
areas that these maps cover, I wager.

Of course, Nokia is welcome to surprise me with a liberal map license ;)

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki