T-Mobile finagling advice?

mstovel at comcast.net mstovel at comcast.net
Sat Feb 10 00:03:00 CET 2007

I have  T-mobile prepaid, but went into Cingular yesterday to get my 'free phone', which I use on their prepaid plan.  T-mobile's prepaid  is better, by the way.  I am in US.

 Cingular/AT&T's TDMA service is being discontinued end of march in this area.  Cingular wants us to switch to GSM. The 'free phone' with rebate offered as bait to TDMA customers.
 The free phone is a Motorola.   I do have a Nokia with my T-Mobile that can be unlocked.  I plan to unlock my Nokia and try the Cingular SIM in it.   I now have a SIM for both Cingular and T-Mobile...ready to try in the Neo.

If I brought in an unlocked phone, I  was told by the Cingular rep., that I could get the SIM without having to purchase a phone, but that only the calling function would work on the unlocked phone...none of their other functions.  Not really sure what that means other that I could only call out and receive call in. I am guessing that with the open Neo, it would not matter...Right?

Mary