T-Mobile finagling advice?

alan at rotorgraphics.com alan at rotorgraphics.com
Sat Feb 10 02:33:54 CET 2007

Mary...

I've been looking into this issue in a related way.

One of the biggest opportunities for the Neo will be writing mobile
oriented data retreval and sync applications using gps/GPRS.

For example, imagine an application that uses GPS location information to
determine your car's proximity to your favorite grocery store on your way
home.  When you get to within 5 miles of the store, your Neo uses the GPRS
to access a personal website page where your spouse keeps a grocery list.
If there are any items on the list, the application downloads the and
alerts you via your bluetooth earbud.

Unfortunatly, It looks to me like T-Mobile is currently not interested in
letting its pre-paid customers use GPRS to go anywhere outside their Silly
T-Zones walled garden.

If anyone has any insight into T-Mobile's awareness of the Neo and if they
realize that they have a terrific opportunity ahead to network enable this
amazing phone, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Yes, and I'm one of those people that believe that "Contracts are for
Suckers!"

Alan McSwain
Alan at rotorgraphics.com