Still not getting it...(was: New Topic: Learning how to write for OpenMoko)

Michael Dickens mdickens at
Mon Feb 12 16:36:54 CET 2007

> I have both a PPC and an Intel-Mac, Do I just download the Linux
> VMWare? It doesn't seem to have support for Os X.

You download a VMWare beta "fusion" for Intel-Mac:
< >

Then you download an Ubuntu ISO or a VMWare Ubuntu application:
action=show&redirect=download >
< >  then search for
ubuntu .

> What is OE/BB?

OpenEmbedded / BitBake; while they don't go together necessarily,
they seem to in this case.

> Are you saying i need to program in a Linux environment?

No.  What I'm saying is that you can get up to speed much more
quickly and reliably in a VM running Ubuntu Linux than you can under

Since it sounds like you're a noob to most programming, you might as
well get going with Linux.

Hope this helps! - MLD