New topic: Learning how to write for OpenMoko

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 12 17:43:05 CET 2007

Hi,

Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:
> What I would like to write:
>         -Graphically cool looking programs like video ringtones that have
> some kind of really cool animation that plays when you get a call.

> "video ringtones" are not programs - they are just video
> animations. You can do them in graphic programs.

Hmm, don't think stereotypic. Ever seen libvisual? I think video ringtone plugins based on that would be quite cool :)

>         -A program that allows you to use MP3s as ringtones

> I am sure that somebody with more experience will do this or it is
> already implemented ;)

It's not there yet, but close. Actually, being able to use a variety of ring tone formats has been one of my motivations since joining the project.

Can't wait to use .ogg, .mod, .xm, and .sid as ringtones :)

--
- Michael Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>                   http://openmoko.org/