OpenGL on the Neo1973??

Alexandre Franke alexandre.franke at
Tue Feb 13 01:18:01 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Florent THIERY <fthiery at> wrote:
> How well would it run without hardware acceleration?
> I'd appreciate hardware/software specs of the graphics device...

>From :
Although the OpenGL ES specification defines a particular graphics
processing pipeline, individual calls can be executed on dedicated
hardware, run as software routines on the system CPU, or implemented
as a combination of both dedicated hardware and software routines.
This means that software developers can ship a conformant software 3D
engine today, that lets applications and tools seamlessly transition
over to using OpenGL ES hardware-acceleration in higher powered

Alexandre Franke
GNU/Linux user #390077