R: Camera and MMS

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:58:03 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Michele Manzato <michele.manzato at verona.miz.it> wrote:

> Voting for integrated Camera as well for future releases of the Neo. Not
> using it very much, but it can be handy every now and then.

It could be also used to develop automatic image recognition programs like a
barcode reader or simple scanner to store business cards or documents.
Or as another input sensor to control phone behaviour (i.e. if there is
light, then it
is not in a pocket and the person will probably not hear the vibration)

The ability to create movies could be useful too. I know that there are
programs
that use a few seconsd input from webcams to create an image of an higher
resolution.
This is common practice between astronomers.

Regards,
Alessandro

P.S. To Sean and all the other core developers: keep up the great work! You
are doing
VERY well and I think that what you have already achieved is really
valuable! I think
that the release of the source code will bring a good amount of workforce
into the project!