OpenGL on the Neo1973??

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Feb 13 12:02:01 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 19:06 -0800, Paul Bonser wrote:
> Porting SDL to the Neo1973 would probably be a good option since it
> uses a relatively thin wrapper around native calls.

IIRC, the FIC guys have already experimented with SDL. I seem to recall
an IRC conversation where someone mentioned having to come up with a way
to switch back from full-screen SDL, since the usually recommended
alt-enter is, well, not available in default packaging :]

It might've been also just someone's idle speculation, but if my memory
servers, it was somebody who actually had done work on that or at least
was familiar with work done on that :]

> If somebody wanted to do an OpenGL ES implementation for it, that
> would probably also be good, though at 233Mhz, it's not going to have
> much power spare for rendering, and plus, the SDL port would be much
> more useful all around.

Indeed on all counts.

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>