gmail users CC'ing

Jae Stutzman jaebird at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:16:33 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Richard Bennett <richard.bennett at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi,
> Why so many people who believe in the ideals put forward by the
> Neo/Openmoko
> project are happy to use Gmail astounds me... It's not because Google do
> the
> summer of code and have Chris Dibona and most of the talented OS
> developers
> on their staff that there is anything free or open about them. They'll own
> your mind if you let them.
>
> Anyway, aside from that minirant, is it possible when sending mail from
> Gmail
> to not CC loads of people in the meantime?
> I'm not sure if this is inherent to the way the gmail client works, but
> maybe
> someone could document on the wiki how gmail can be setup so it doesn't
> send
> everything double?
> I get CC's on mails I never sent, and it's not that big of a deal, but
> gets
> kind of annoying having loads of mails coming in twice.
>
> That's all meant in the nicest possible way, and if that's just the way
> Gmail
> works, then fine - I can live with it.
>
> cheers,
>
> Richard

Not sure if there is a way to set this with Gmail as it does not have a
reply-to-list option. The list people may need to change the reply-to
address of the mails the list sends out. However, what I do in Gmail is hit
the reply to all and then delete the other addresses out. However, sometimes
even I forget! If we all suggest this feature to Gmail maybe google will add
it.

Jae