Just a personal feedback - I'm just writing for me Re: And please use a emailclients with working "Reference" Re: gmail users CC'ing

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:16:36 CET 2007

> > Gmail is responsive for me, and has a lot of good features that I like
> > and that I use.
> > And so far I have yet to see any proof of Google actively scr*wing
> > over their customers, by violating their privacy. Yes they add ads on
> > the side of the page by scanning your email,
>
> Yes, google is scanning *my* email and selling adds fitting to
> the mail - maybe also selling informations about me to others...

Google does not sell information about you to others. Its inflamatory,
and improper to say something like that which has *never* been
suggested by even the most paranoid security people.

> I do not have a problem with this, as long it is only about
> emails going to a public mailinglist - but when I want to
> send a personal mail to that person the problems starts.

Again, where do you you get this. You are sounding like a nut.

> I can't understand why people so close-fisted not spending
> some US$/Euros a year for a mailservice without advertisement
> and data mining. When more users would do this, better
> services would be on the market.

So can you tell me what company offers the feature set of gmail for
free or otherwise? And so it sounds like you are against advertising
too. I guess we better shut down yahoo, google, msn, et al. because
you are offended. Better sell that TV set too. And your radio. And
your newspapers. Its all EVIL!

> My sound was wrong - I just want make you think that you
> are give away you and others privatcy for a free webmailservice.

How people run their lives, their businesses, etc is none of your
business. You are not obliged to use gmail or anything else. But your
simple minded view of "privacy" and what others ought to do is really
not a proper subject for this list.

You continuously post to this list as though you are an ambassador, or
are somehow associated with openmoko. Until now that really has not
bothered me, though it does now. I wish you would please stop these
inflamatory posts, and please stop pretending to be the list "host".

Hank