OpenMoko Challenges

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Tue Feb 13 18:48:16 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, sean at openmoko.org wrote:

> Quoting michael at michaelshiloh.com:
>
>>  Sean,
>>
>>  I'd like to add my voice in support of your decision to delay the
>>  hardware.
>>  I've been in situations like this, and I appreciate the difficulty of
>>  making
>>  this decision. From my experience, I believe you've made the right choice,
>>  and
>>  I fully support you and your team.
>
> Thanks!
>
>>  I look forward with great anticipation to the source opening in a few
>>  days.
>>  This, after all, is where all the open excitement is really going to take
>>  place. Judging from all the creativity and intelligence we've seen
>>  expressed
>>  on this list in the past few months, I'm looking forward to some amazing
>>  software from this group.
>
> Well please don't get your hopes up too high now. We're really behind on the
> software...but we've been making great progress this past month. You guys
> will be able to see our future plans on the Wiki, too.

Hi Sean,

I have the highest regard for your team, including the non-FIC members
(OpenEmbedded, etc.).  I know I won't be dissappointed because of what we've
seen already of this project.

When I said "I look forward to ... amazing software from this group" I
actually was referring to the members of this list who are not part of your
official team. Of them (us?) I have very high hopes, and I'm sure I won't be
dissappointed here either.

Michael