Sorry... Re: And please use a emailclients with working "Reference" Re: gmail users CC'ing

t3st3r t3st3r at mail.ru
Wed Feb 14 13:22:00 CET 2007

michael at michaelshiloh.com wrote:
> For instance:
>
> Proposed wiki page:
>
>   How to respond to list email:
>
>   1. Never remove any "re: " in the message subject. Some (not all) email
>     clients use this to identify the thread.
>
>   2. If your email client adds the original poster and other
> addressees to the
>     "Cc:" field, remove them. You should always respond only to the list.
This will not work. Defaults will prevail. Everyone will do at least few
replies with these ugly CCs before (s)he will get idea that something is
wrong.Already tested on my own ass - got some of these double-messages
just now.

Real fix: set up mailing list to put its own address
(community at lists.openmoko.org) into into Reply-to: header and instruct
people to hit Reply (not Reply all).I hope google cares about this
header as well? These CCs are possible even with regular mail client,
too. With default state of things I have to remove original sender
manually and insert mailing list into To: field instead. In no way I
want to mail to original sender directly when using mailing list.

P.S. I'm stopping replying to this "google story" thread. It isn't
interesting - flame mode off.