Asterisk Channel Driver to allow Bluetooth Cell/Mobile Phones to be used as FXO devices.

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Feb 14 15:49:56 CET 2007

Salve!

A good friend of mine told me that there is a new
patch out for asterisk to use a mobile with Bluetooth
for *inbound* calls ;)))

chan_cellphone-- Use Bluetooth cell / mobile phones as FXO devices

see: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919
--snipp--
 Asterisk Channel Driver to allow Bluetooth Cell/Mobile Phones to be
 used as FXO devices.

 Multiple cell phones can be connected. Asterisk automatically connects
 to each cell phone when it comes in range.
 Command to discover bluetooth devices. Useful for configuration Inbound
 calls to the cell phones are handled by Asterisk, just like inbound
 calls on a Zap channel.
 CLI passed through on inbound calls. Dial outbound on a cell phone
 using Dial(CELL/device/nnnnnnn) in the dialplan.
 Application CellStatus can be used in the dialplan to see if a cell
 phone is connected. Supports devicestate for dialplan hinting.
--snapp--

The mobil must support the Bluetooth Handsfree Profile
http://www.bluetooth.com/NR/rdonlyres/94EAD32B-3E70-4AEC-9CD5-1E3F887A15F4/917/HFPSpecVersion1_0.pdf
As far as I saw on this webpage, yet supported/positiv tested
 phones are:

Nokia Series 40 phones
Nokia 6230i
LG TU500 CU500
RIM Blackberry 7250
Sony Ericsson 'T'&'K'&'V' Series phones
VK2020
Motorola L6
Motorola V3

For more info, read the bugtrackpage about this patch:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919
and the cellphone.txt
http://bugs.digium.com/file_download.php?file_id=12910&type=bug

This patch is about inbound calls, IMHO a good starting point
for integrate outbound calls via Bluetooth into OpenMoko.
I expect when routing calls over an asterisk server, that
even hand over from GSM to Bluetooth and Bluetooth to GSM
will be possible :))

Greetings,
rob