given the OpenMoko Challenges...

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 00:55:57 CET 2007

Kenshin writes:

>Remember when the BT was announced... there were tears of joy arround
>the world. With a confirmation that the Neo will have a camera, will
>cause orgasmic sensations :-p
>
>I think that not having a camera is a "serious" technologic setback
>and loses some points to the competition.
>Of course almost every "geek" will buy a Neo... but what about the
>regular user? He will definately consider that fact when choosing a
>phone and for him that is more important than running Linux.

So put it on the wishlist for a later version.  No matter how much
anybody on this list wants a camera, I want the phone in my hot little
hands more; no way is it worth delaying getting the phone out.

FWIW, in my age group (I'll be 50 all too soon), I know many more
people who only have a camera on their phone because it's nearly
impossible to get a phone without one than I do people who actually
want a camera.