New to the message board and have a couple questions...

alan at rotorgraphics.com alan at rotorgraphics.com
Fri Feb 16 18:57:52 CET 2007

Terry wrote:
"The only issue with a pre-paid phone may be recharging the
phone if the carrier forces you to use some sort of custom on-screen
interface to recharge it. It would be good to get reports of any
problematic carriers after the initial phone is shipped!"

Has there been any discussion about creating an "OpenMoko Friendly"
branding program
for carriers with an appropriate trademark for easy consumer recognition?

Off the top of my head, I would think enrollment in such a "carrot" program
should be contingent upon the carrier making their GPRS access available as
a prepaid service as well as voice.  Not sure if carriers can selectively
restrict access to AGPS, but I would add that baggage as well.

OpenMoko is about openness.  There is nothing open about term contracts.

Alan McSwain