Connect self-powered USB storage devices?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Fri Feb 16 22:01:08 CET 2007

pe, 2007-02-16 kello 12:37 -0600, Steven ** kirjoitti:
> So, I know the USB port is a mini and it's unpowered. But...
> Assuming there's a USB mini to full USB adapter, is there any reason
> you couldn't connect the Neo to a USB hard drive?  Most (all) of the
> USB hard drives I've seen had a external power supply.

This is exactly the issue I suggested a wiki page for just a bit ago;

As said, I'd _guess_ it'd probably work, but since it's non-standard,
there's valid leeway for it not to, so we'd likely need to document
devices that are (un)co-operative directly with the powerless Neo host.

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL: >
Kansanedustajaehdokas, Helsinki  - <URL: >
Vaalimasinaattori                - <URL: >