Wifi again

t3st3r t3st3r at mail.ru
Sat Feb 17 12:24:58 CET 2007

Alessandro Iurlano wrote:

> On 2/16/07, *Esra Kummer* <esra at kummer.to <mailto:esra at kummer.to>> wrote:
>
>     So the Wifi will not be integrated in the first Neo 1973, but is
>     there a
>     chance for a hardware addon? Has someone some information about that?
>
>     Cheers
>     Esra
>

> Neo1973 will have a USB interface capable of connecting to a WiFi
> adapter.
> But you will need external power for that adapter (or a powered USB
> hub) because
> the phone USB interface is an unpowered one.
Sounds like a joke. Can you imagine someone using this solution? Except
very few (most hardcore) geeks on the planet. Let's remember: mobile
phone is a PORTABLE device. Bunch of wires from USB hub + hub + usb
adapter will at least make this thingie hardly usable as, er... phone.

P.S. As for me, I'm still do not understand, why there is no WI-FI built
in. This is a BIG hardware design mistake IMHO. Linux without network is
something like North Pole without snow. And the only somehow popular
networking in public places is WI-FI.
[rest is deleted]