Wifi again

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Feb 17 14:39:20 CET 2007

t3st3r <t3st3r at mail.ru> writes:
> P.S. As for me, I'm still do not understand, why there is no WI-FI
> built in. This is a BIG hardware design mistake IMHO.

The folks at FIC, like the people producing any real-world device, had
to make tradeoffs. They could get the design perfect, or they could
get it out the door. They seem to have decided that a working device
in people's hands was better than a perfect device that never arrived
and cost too much.

If we do our job and make the software good enough, the Neo1973 will
not be the last such device but the first. I'm sure that future ones
will have WiFi. You'll just have to be a bit patient.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com