Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sun Feb 18 18:54:12 CET 2007

Hi,

> the S3C2410 SD card controller is theoretically capable of SDIO.  Now
> that the simplified specs are available, and the Atheros/Mvista SDIO
> stack has been published under GPL, somebody _could_ add SDIO support
> for the S2C2410 to the kernel.  It's not an easy task, but also no
> rocket science.
Yes, and that the magic of open source. If some people are really
interested they could manage to do it :)

> However, the microSD slot is hidden beneath the SIM card (dual sdio/sim
> card socket), which in turn is located beneath the battery.  So I doubt
> you would ever be able to connect anythinh that is even slightly larger
> than a regular mass-storage microSD card.
That's a pain, we have everything (open spec, sdio wifi device with open
source driver) and we only miss 9 wires to connect the device to the host.

Couldn't we imagine an adapter ?
a male microsd plug, then a thin wire an a female sd plug.

But is there extra space under the back cover for that ?
It's hard to see on the wiki pictures.

Matthieu

PS : according to wikipedia microSD has only 8 pins, so may be it is impossible
to do plug sdio on microsd slot.