Connect self-powered USB storage devices?

Harald Welte laforge at
Mon Feb 19 18:24:17 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 12:37:24PM -0600, Steven ** wrote:
> So, I know the USB port is a mini and it's unpowered. But...
> Assuming there's a USB mini to full USB adapter, is there any reason
> you couldn't connect the Neo to a USB hard drive?  Most (all) of the
> USB hard drives I've seen had a external power supply.

yes, that would work.

> On a related note, could an iPod be connected to the Neo?  It's
> basically a battery powered hard drive!

i don't know why there is a _technical_ reason for not doing so.  But
then, Apple seems to do all kinds of strange DRM, so I wouldn't bet on

In principle, you should be able to do exactly the same what you can do
by running entirely free software on a Linux PC.

	[who has never even touched or used any iPod]
- Harald Welte <laforge at>