Connect self-powered USB storage devices? [ipod]

Santiago Crespo screspo at
Tue Feb 20 15:16:39 CET 2007

On lun, 2007-02-19 at 18:24 +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> i don't know why there is a _technical_ reason for not doing so.  But
> then, Apple seems to do all kinds of strange DRM, so I wouldn't bet on
> it.

You can use gtkpod[1] with original Mac firmware for the ipod, but I
always recommend Rockbox[2], an open source replacement firmware: there
is no itunes or gtkpod need for music transfer, more games, themes and a
lot of other good stuff. Try it!

Santiago Crespo