Forums Page?

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at
Tue Feb 20 18:56:58 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 10:29 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> FWIW, I don't find forums any more useable than mailling lists.

With the addition of many great searching / archiving properties. And
(most important for me) offline mode ;-)

> On
> the other hand, wikis seem to end up with lots of the sort of thing
> you're asking for, and are somewhat "self-organizing."  There is a
> wiki for openmoko, at
> which seems to have a lot of what you're looking for (a lot of the
> discussion on the various mailling lists seems to end up getting
> distilled into wiki articles).

Yeah, I'd really prefer to keep what we have now until phase 2 (end-user
mode). We just don't have the bandwidth to moderate a forum now. These
lists are very useful for us internally, too. Even with all the messages
we can still keep up. Email is amazing for efficiency.