Forums Page?

Paul Bonser misterpib at
Tue Feb 20 20:48:14 CET 2007

On 2/20/07, Perry E. Metzger <perry at> wrote:
> michael at writes:
> >> which seems to have a lot of what you're looking for (a lot of the
> >> discussion on the various mailling lists seems to end up getting
> >> distilled into wiki articles).
> >
> > It's interesting to note that most youngsters seem to prefer forums, and most
> > of us old-timers (IIRC you're my age, Joe) prefer mailing lists. I wonder why
> > that is?
> The youngsters have seen a lot of web based posting systems, don't
> remember usenet, don't have decent email systems that segregate lists
> into different boxes, and thus don't understand why anyone would use
> email or what the problems of web posting systems are.
> Perry
You talk about it like usenet isn't around anymore.
I'm 23 and I remember usenet. It came in handy back in the day when I
was learning C++. I think that proper threading is much more useful
than the linear "threads" in web forums these days..

Anyway, I suppose that despite the fact that I might be considered a
"youngster", I consider myself much less "technologically young" that
most people my age.

Paul Bonser