Warranty on phase 1 phones

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Tue Feb 20 21:53:58 CET 2007

On 2/20/07, Pranav Desai <pranavadesai at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 17:32 -0800, Pranav Desai wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any warranty on phase 1 phones ? If the screen is bad, some
> > > input ports don't work, etc. what will be the process then ?
> >
> > Of course we'll have a warranty ;-)
> >
> > I'm not sure of the exact terms at this point. Probably something
> > standard like 1 year.
> >

> Thanks Sean!
> I assume that the warranty will be void if we open up the phone ? :-)
Pranav,
I hope you're so kidding... it'd be pretty bad that they published
instructions on how to pull the plastics then ding you when you do!
but yeah, you bring up a really good point, I'd understand if
soldering iron = no warranty though

Sean,
hope it's not too much to ask for you to relay terms? have the legal
guys even gone over this yet?

--Jeff

> -- Pranav
>
> > -Sean