Forums Page?

Jon Phillips jon at
Tue Feb 20 21:57:00 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 21:20 +0100, kenneth marken wrote:
> Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 February 2007 21:05:35 kenneth marken wrote:
> >> its fully possible in some forums to have proper threading...
> >>

> > And that's mostly true (leaving mails from broken email clients aside) for
> > mailinglists as well. I think in Thunderbird you should barely be able to
> > tell whether you are using a newsgroup or a mailinglist if you configure it
> > correctly (but it's been a while since I used Thunderbird for either).
> >
> well, as newsgroups go in their own folder tree its not hard at all.
> mailing lists is a different story, but you can allways set up a filter
> that puts new mails from the list into its own folder. and yes, you can
> have them all sorted by thread if you want to...

Hi all, this is all interesting. It is key for us all to focus our
energy on OpenMoko on these lists.

I would recommend if you all are into forums, you have everything to
create them on your own as user forums or whatever.

This is the approach we took with Inkscape, as developers time is for
focused attention on the project and not on infrastructure development.

Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at