Marketing fodder for Neo: FCC presentation

Sam Kome sam.kome at
Thu Feb 22 19:43:26 CET 2007

Yes, if the phone in question has been locked to another carrier:

Usually this kind of lock can be removed one way or another.

The issues of hardware crippling and data limiting/steering can be
harder to remediate.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Gabriel
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:42 PM
To: community at
Subject: Re: Marketing fodder for Neo: FCC presentation

On Thursday 22 February 2007 18:21:51 Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Now, while I'm not fan of Skype with their anti-open standards stance
> (with their proprietary and secret signaling), I do see this action as
> a good thing for the open source community.  Skype is the 800
> lb. gorilla of voice over the Internet.  With Ebays billions available
> to them, perhaps they will be able to convince the FCC to change the
> current stranglehold carriers have over phones and software.

Do US GSM carriers *really* stop you from using your SIM in a phone you

I could see it applying to CDMA but that's another issue, really.

NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of Motricity.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.