Neo1973 With Screen On at PopSci!

Graham Auld openmoko at
Sat Feb 24 13:44:59 CET 2007

A simple checkbox/radio button in the config should suffice:
Geek Mode: On
This could allow an extra prefs menu with hundreds of settings from showing
the real boot screen to turning on debug for all apps (for example)
of course, turning Geek Mode(TM) off would set everything back to be very,
erm, 'consumer oriented'...

From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Dart
Sent: 24 February 2007 11:40
To: bryanfink at
Cc: OpenMoko
Subject: Re: Neo1973 With Screen On at PopSci!

The pictures were very nice, however, they better have a pretty graphical
boot screen for the final product.  That boot-up screen would scare the
average non-geek something fierce.  I can just see it now, "Oh no!  My phone
is broke!"
Maybe they could have a customization setting that would allow you to turn
the geek boot screen on, but have it a pretty graphical one by default.

Bryan Fink wrote:

Hi All.  I was just browsing for Neo1973 pictures, as I do every few
days, and finally found pictures of a Neo with the screen on!  Check
out Popular Science's 10-photo gallery:

Images 2 and 3 show the Neo booting up.  It's quite amazing how much
text fits on that screen.

The gallery is part of this short blog post:

OpenMoko community mailing list
community at