Neo1973 With Screen On at PopSci!

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 20:19:18 CET 2007

Gabriel Ambuehl writes:
>On Saturday 24 February 2007 19:29:52 Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>> I *think* the intent -- and what I'd like to see -- would be a "geek
>> mode" checkbox, with a second screen (or more) specifying exactly what
>> was being watched.  Going into geek mode would turn on whatever was
>> set in the second screen; coming back out would turn off all geeky
>> output but not forget those settings.
>
>That somehow seems very confusing to me. Advanced settings you can set and
>then they disappear again and you're stuck with them being set like they are
>until you figure out where you set them? Not really userfriendly in my
>view ...

Nothing to figure out -- when you turn geek mode back on, you get the
geek mode configuration screen, with your geek settings marked.

>Why not just stick an advanced button there and leave it at that?

I'm talking about what the functionality of the "advanced" button
should do.  When it's off, you're in "non-advanced" mode, and simply
get the normal application interfaces.  When it's in "advanced" (I
followed the lead of a prior poster and called it "geek" mode) you're
monitoring whatever you've configued advanced mode to monitor.