Handsfree in/out for bluetooth and Linux

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 02:26:13 CET 2007

Gustavo

There is an asterisk plugin so you can use your computer with the phone to
place and receive voice calls.

btsco won't ever be integrated into the kernel. There is not a good reason
to do this stuff in kernel space.

We have a libalsa plugin (see "plugz") that doesn't require a kernel driver
and represents some progress in the right direction. We may have to finish
some of the goals in our list of future work in order to have something that
works cleanly on openmoko... see http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Audio

Brad