Features and promises

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Feb 27 11:14:46 CET 2007

On ti, 2007-02-27 at 10:52 +0100, denis wrote:
> Why can't they just tell us what the features will be? Is it so
> difficult to be open? In my opinion it would bring much more credibility
> for FIC.

Allow me to hazard a guess:

Most of this stuff is preliminary plans, and the guys don't like to make
promises they know they might now be able to keep. That's also why I
think Sean was being evasive about "that other thing that everyone asks
about". If something goes wrong with the plans, as things go sometimes
and have gone in parts of this project already, and they can't deliver,
what would that do to their credibility? ('course, everyone is already
jumping at that "other thing" regardless, but apparently that's how it
goes...)

To repeat, this is all just guesswork; I don't have any inside
information. And I for one will be getting one of them p1 devices; get
in on the ground floor, people. If you feel you need to upgrade right
away, arrange a new home for the older one; I suspect you'll be able to
get a reasonable resale price for the old model as well (my p1 Neo will
go to my SO though when I upgrade ;). Spread the Moko, you know you want
to, since the more there are of these in _your_ social circles, the more
useful they will be to you, too :)

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki