Thunderbird - Reply to Mail List

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Feb 27 14:45:46 CET 2007

I feel really stupid asking this, but I am having troubles using
Thunderbird.  I receive the list in digest mode.  For each digest, it
will show up as a single messages in my inbox.  Also for each digest it
will have each individual message as an attachment.  But I cannot find a
way to respond to an individual message.  If I open one of the
attachments (ie individual message), it will not let me reply (can click
the reply button, but nothing happens).

I was thinking this should be a very easy thing to do (and other mail
clients make this easy), but I am pretty much stumped.  Any thoughts?