Itch3: Anti-lost/theft protection

Christopher Tokarczyk christopher.tokarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:27:53 CET 2007

Hi all,

In addition to the data suggested to be sent when a phone is in stolen
mode, such as GPS, perhaps the phone could even send other data. If
the person uses a stolen phone to store contacts, send the contacts.
in fact, send the numbers dialed, too. If they use it to manage email,
forward the email. What I imagine is the phone passively building a
profile of the thief. The more info gathered, the easier to find the
phone. I understand this could give rise to privacy concerns, but I
think ideally be an issue only for the thief.

And with respect to over which connection to send this data, I imagine
it would be possible to just rely on the underlying connection
manager. It would handle establishing connections, and then kick-off
the anti-theft measures as required.

Just my thoughts after seeing some of the discussion on this list.

Thanks,
Chris