Itch3: Anti-lost/theft protection

kkr kkr22.mpt56 at
Wed Feb 28 20:58:39 CET 2007

Le mercredi 28 février 2007 à 18:00 +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl a écrit :
> Improving on the idea: get someone to operate one of those 0900 numbers in
> each country (usualy they dont really work cross country very well) who will
> then give the proceeds to the owner of the stolen phone so he can buy a new
> one... Or even just sending over priced SMS, that's even less obvious.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too :-)

Globally, the idea to protect the phone against the theft has already
been expressed many time before:

And even much more before (12 Dec 2006):

It could be good to summarize on the wiki all these ideas expressed
before on this mailing list (google: phone thief).

It seem to me that two ideas are news:
- the overtaxed calling number (for the profit of the victim)
- bluetooth localisation (with the headset or another phone)