Fwd: OpenMoko workshop at ETel

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Wed Feb 28 23:49:59 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, denis wrote:

> Sean Moss-Pultz schrieb:
>>  On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 17:02 -0500, Alan Ide wrote:
>>
>> >  So, I am a little confused still. Are you saying the "Refreshed"
>> >  version of the Neo that will be released in June will have A faster
>> >  CPU, dedicated Graphics Acceleration, AND Wifi?? If so, thats a hell
>> >  of an "upgrade" after 3 months.
>> >

>>  The thing we can promise at this point is a faster CPU. We're still
>>  working on the WiFi stuff. Graphics acceleration is much later.
>>
>>  -Sean

> Thank you for the clear statement. Ok your are not a normal hardware
> manufacturer. :)

We need a place on the wiki to capture quotes like this. The approach FIC is
taking with OpenMoko is incredibly unusual, and I think will be an important
part of success of the project. People trying to understand the essence of
OpenMoko ("No, it's not just a new cellphone") need to understand this as
well.

The success of OpenMoko has very little to do with whether the Neo 1973 is
better than the iPhone, and everything to do with whether people understand
Sean's vision.

Michael