GSM Japan

Rowland Cheshire 2rc at operamail.com
Wed Jan 10 05:08:46 CET 2007

Well it seems that my original conclusion was correct.
A well spoken gentlemen from Docomo told me today that Japan does not have a
GSM service, despite having 3G/GSM capable phones for sale. These are for
residents traveling overseas into GSM coverage.
They do however provide a roaming service and they will hire you the phone.
So wireless plus gizmo is probably the only way that I could use this phone in
this case.
In relation to all the iphone hype. It is not open source and therefore
doesn't interest me. However, the Neo is in development and will eventually
prove to be a superior solution.