Real Neo1973 photo / Neo delayed...!?

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Wed Jan 10 10:06:40 CET 2007

On 1/10/07 12:47 AM, "Sven Neuhaus" <sven-openmoko at sven.de> wrote:

> Something is seriously wrong if they can't present a working unit the same
> month they were originally going to ship them. Didn't they talk about
> shipping units to a few devs in December?

I wanted to make something more formal first..but let me just say a few
things now.

We had some problems with the hardware in a revision I had hoped would be
final. This set us back about month. So we're looking at moving the first
phones out in February now. I can promise you there is nothing "seriously
wrong."

Give me until the end of this week and I'll make a formal announcement to
this list. I'm at CES now and it's just a zoo here. I'm totally beat. It's
after 1 AM and I have to go and meet more people now.

> PS: The final specs would also be highly appreciated

Sure:

Standard Kit:
* 120.7 x 62 x 18.5 (mm)
* 2.8" VGA (480x640) TFT Screen
* Samsung s3c2410 SoC @ 266 MHz
* Global Locate AGPS chip
* Ti GPRS (2.5G not EDGE)
* Unpowered USB 1.1
* Touchscreen
* micro-sd slot
* 2.5mm audio jack
* 2 additional buttons
* 1200 mAh battery (charged over USB)
* 128 MB SDRAM
* 64 MB NAND Flash
* Bluetooth (yes bluetooth!)

We have two more kits that will be available (in addition to the standard
kit): A "Car Kit" and a "Hacker's Lunchbox."

The latter is quite cool. I'll tell you more about it soon.

-Sean