Patent?

Tomasz Zielinski tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:46:01 CET 2007

2007/1/10, Stuart Gray <randomelginguy at hotmail.com>:

> I was just watching the apple iPhone keynote.  And when Steve Jobs is
> describing the phone touchscreen interface, he says they have patented it.

There were some touchscreen interfaces before iPhone. In civilized
countries you cannot patent wide-known and non-yours invention and
even if you succeed, you also have to convince court that someone
should pay you for non-yours and wide-known invention.

> What does this mean about the OpenMoko phone?

Nice looking, patented in United Stated GUI features can be recreated
and improved by European programmers. We do not have software patents
here.

--
Tomek Z.
tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com