Will it possible to use the Neo without battery? Re: Vegas

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Jan 10 20:39:34 CET 2007

Salve Sean!

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> I'm going to be in Vegas for another day now. Most of my work here is done
> this afternoon, so tomorrow I can relax a bit ;-)

Then have fun ;-)

And BTW I wish you and your team
the best for this year:
first, personal good wishes like
health and happyness (beside OpenMoko/Neo1973)
for everyone - but also the best for your
baby OpenMoko/Neo1973 ;)

Ah, and my best wishes for all people
here on the list, too  :)))
Of course with shipping the first Neo1973
it will become a good year - but whish
you that all other things will be fine,
as well....

> If anyone is around here and wants to meet up, drop me an email.
I thought you wanted to relax a bit ;-)

When most of your work is done - just another
hardware question/idea:

"Will it possible to use the Neo without battery?"

On Christmas I forgot my mobil at my parents
place (Siemens S55) and 10 days later I could pick
it up. The battery was empty and the phone was so dead
that it didn't reccongnized the charger... The stupid
layout need battery power that the circuit start
to charge the battery - no function without the
battery.... grrrrr....
So I have to heat up the battery with my hands
that it has enough voltage that the phone starts.

I'm looking forward to have a phone that I can charge
just with a given USB port - but it would be great,
when the phone would work or charge even with a
(quite) dead battery.

(My I idea to switch off the phone before the
battery has reached his end would helped, as well,
but to use it even with no battery would be better)

Have a good trip ;)
Cheers,
rob