small capacitor! Re: Will it possible to use the Neo without battery?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Jan 11 10:15:54 CET 2007

Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Mittwoch, den 10. Januar 2007 um 22:58h:

> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 22:48, Fabian Off wrote:
> > I just wonder how people could live with phones they
> > have to switch off any time the card should be changed.
>
> Considering that the microsd slot is below the battery, this will hardly work
> on the Neo

Why? spending a capacitor and a little bit power saving software
(no gsm, no display (light)... just sleeping) that you can plug
out the battery for 1 minute (Or 30 seconds for fast user)?

It would also help to plug in a second battery without rebooting,
or changing the SIM card.

Also coping from SD card to a second SD card via RAM will become
possible with such a capacitor - doing this via the 64 MB Flash
it would not be realy smart...

Greetings
rob